The competition asked for apartments twinned with commercial accommodation on a prominent site fronting the harbour. The proposals built upon the 1930’s seaside aesthetic. The banding responded to the existing Georgian streetscape. The elevational treatment and choice of materials reflected the stone banding prominent in the nearby cliffs. A new court/urban square provided focus to the development and created a new link from the town to the harbour.